Our IP team supports our foreign and Russian clients on the following issues:
• Advising on the Russian law matters in connection with personal data protection
• Cross-border transfers of personal data
• Advising on communications between data operators and the Federal Service for Supervision of Communications, Information Technologies and Mass Media (Roskomnadzor)
• Preparing and implementing necessary documentation
• Monitoring changes in personal data protection laws in Russia and other countries
In particular, our lawyers have advised clients on the following IP-related matters*.
Registration of trademark portfolio in Russia and international recordals for the Russian company, specialising in digital risks management, advising on claims work
Advising a U.S.-Russian manufacturer of corrugated paper and cardboard, paper and cardboard packaging on cross-border transfer of personal data and on cross-border software sublicensing issues
Advising an American company, creator of an online learning platform and smartphone app, on personal data protection issues
Advising IBM on personal data localization and cross-border transfer of personal data
Advising a network of U.S. clinics on personal data protection issues and cross-border transfer of data
Advising a prominent U.S. developer of an online platform for measuring business performance by the day and by the hour in different countries, categories and on different devices on personal data protection issues and cross-border transfer of data
*This includes experience of our team members prior to joining RGD.